Friday, October 26, 2007

Let's give it a try...

Okay, I'm always getting emails from friends about their blog spots, but didn't think I had the time or was computer savvy enough to start one. Nikki and Meta finally convinced me this week that I should try, so here we go! I have to admit that you can learn a lot about people from their blogs. For instance, I did not know the Phillips were Red Sox fans and I'll try hard not to hold that against them. Growing up in Cleveland I've always been an Indians fan, but since moving back here with my husband (who is a baseball nut!) I am now an even bigger fan. Actually, little Jacob in part is named after Jacob's field. Now that your thinking were are really weird and nuts, I'll explain. I like to name our children after ancestors. So far with the girls that was not a problem. We both liked names from the family tree. It did become a problem as we tried to name our little boy. Niether of us could agree on a name and Jared became frustrated as I refused to consider names not on the tree. One night we were watching the news and a story came on about a couple from Chicago who named their son Wrigley. In jest I told Jared we should name our son Jacob. He could claim he was named after Jacob's field and I would be satisfied since my great-grandfather was named Jacob. He actually liked it and now we have a Jacob!

4 comments:

Meta said...

Love it!!! Who knows maybe we will 'convert' someday! probably not! It's much more fun to cheer for the OTHER team!

happy blogging! it's a super fun way to stay connected to people near and far - swap recipes, get ideas of FHE, etc.

Nikki said...

Horray for blogging! Love your first entry! look forward to reading more. Glad to have helped "convert" you!!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Way to go Terra! I'm so glad that you are blogging! I have really enjoyed doing it! And your in-laws will really enjoy it. It is a good way for them to feel more involved! At least that is for my family! And you kind of get addicted. You seem to always find time, and carry your camera around thinking that would be a cute picture for your blog! It will be fun to read all about your family happenings! Heard anything about Allentown???

Nicky said...

I didn't know that. You're right. Blogs are great for learning fun stuff like that. Welcome to the Blogging world. I'm just getting started myself.