Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Leela's wedding

My "little" cousin got married in May. Due to the fact that it was the week-end before all our baptism company was arriving and Jared was already working in a different state we were not all going to be able to make it. Thanks to a free airline ticket Jared had and some wonderful friends who helped watch kids and pick me up from the airport, I was able to go.


Leela dancing with my dad





                                                      


Leela and her husband Sean


Leela wore this traditional wedding attire to honor her Hindu heritage.


Some of you may remember the Little Black Dress story from Asha's wedding (Leela's sister). What you may not know is that Natalie and I almost bought the same dress again for Martin's wedding. That time was completely my fault as I had forgotten what the dress she wanted looked like. So for Leela's wedding we were ready. We talked and made sure our dresses were not going to be the same or even similar. After the wedding and luncheon reception, we went back to the hotel to rest before the BBQ Leela and Sean were hosting that evening. I was sharing a room with my parents and happened to be the one who opened the door when they came to see if we were ready. Nicholas just started shaking his head and muttering. I looked behind him and just started laughing. Natalie and I were dressed almost identical. Like Jared pointed out, its hard to find affordable modest dresses and since Natalie and I have similar tastes its not too suprising that were are drawn to the same dresses. However, of all the different options one might wear to a BBQ, what are the chances we'd pick the same thing? I think Nicholas was more upset than we were, but then evidence is mounting that he married someone exactly like his sister!




3 comments:

Amy said...

That is hilarious! It was funny the first time and just gets better each time it happens.

Joan said...

Love your stories!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Oh Terra...you sure are good lookin girl!! I look forward to when we dress alike again, because I know its going to happen again!!!