Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New calling

So much for thinking that life was going to slow down.  Why do we even fool ourselves into thinking that will ever happen, it never does.  I know I promised I would do better at blogging after the new year, but I had no idea I was going to get a new calling.  When we moved to this ward, I was called as a primary teacher.  About three months later I was released and called to be the primary chorister.  That seemed scary and overwhelming at first, but I LOVED it.  Seriously, its the best calling ever!!!!!   But, unfortunately for me, I barely had the calling for two months.  Mid January I was yet again released and this time I was called to be the Primary President.  But, we still do not have a new chorister so I've been pulling double duty.  Hopefully, that will not last much longer.  Although I was really sad to be released as the chorister after such a short time, I know I needed to have that calling before being called as president.  I've done just about everything else in primary but was always intimidated by the idea of teaching the songs to the children.   If a chorister had called oof sick last minute it probably would have caused a major anxiety attack.  Now, however, I will look forward to getting to help with music once in awhile.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on the calling - but that was my hardest calling ever. Hope your family treats you especially nice after church on Sundays. I haven't ever been primary chorister as a calling, but it's a fun calling to substitute for.