Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Big 30!

This week has been packed full of lots of fun and it is only Wednesday morning. Tonya and the boys are visiting so we went to the zoo with them and the Kitchens on Monday. Monday night we went had FHE at the Jannings house. We helped them cut up and burn some branches that had fallen during a storm. The kids had lots of fun roasting hotdogs and marshamallows. Tuesday was a big day for me---I turned 30!! It wasn't as strange of a feeling as I thought it would be. I started the day out with an intense workout video (compliments of Yvonne!) that has me moving like a little old lady today. The rest of the morning wasn't so fun as I was trying to solve a painful nursing problem. Then it was off to lunch at Shelly's house where some more of my friends surprised me with a little get-together. It was lots of fun! Then for dinner Jared took me to Brio with Jay and Yvonne. We have been friends for about 7 yrs and have never gone out with them. I had never eaten at Brio and have always wanted to so I was very excited!! Is it any wonder that we all slept in today? I drove Katy to school in my PJ's since we missed the bus( that was on purpose-I turned off my alarm) and I am still in my PJs now!! Now, its off the the park.

7 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

I know how you feel about the old lady thing! My legs hurt soooo bad! :) That's a good thing!

Hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your night on the town!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm not far behind you. I'm starting to feel old too somedays. I don't know if it's the 4th baby or almost being 30, but my body is not cooperating with returning to my pre-pregnancy shape. Sounds like you had a full day of celebrations with all of your loved ones. What could be better!

Chatty Family said...

Happy Birthday Terra! Welcome to the 30's! I love that you still exercised on your birthday!

Amy Franklin said...

Happy 30th! It's not that bad, right? I am glad you had so many things to do to distract you from feeling old, but sorry that your body is reminding you! Mine reminds me every day. Hope the celebration continues....

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Glad you had a good B-day! Nick and I really wished we lived closer for such an occasion! Sorry i didn't get a card out to you, but we were thinking of you!!

Susan said...

happy birthday....even if i am late. 30 is a great age. I can't wait til i'm 60...i love changing that first digit...but I have to live through about 9 more month til i get there.

Loni said...

Happy late birthday!!! I'm glad I got to see you today, it really seems like it had been forever, but I guess that's what happens when you have a sick kid, you just don't see anyone. Anyhow, I hope it was a good one and do know that 30 is not old.