Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm so glad when Daddy comes Home....

...Glad as I can be. Seriously, I look forward to the moment when Jared walks in the door each day. That is the moment that I know the day will get better. I'm no longer solely responsible for feeding the baby, while breaking up arguments, while cleaning up spills, while helping with homework, while trying to make something semi-edible to put on the table as dinner. When I hear the sound of the garage door opening my whole body relaxes. I know that if at that moment I just can't take anymore and need to leave for a few minutes- that is no longer considered a legal crime. A big round of applause goes out to those women whose husbands travel all the time. You are stronger women than me. I often wonder, would I be able to handle it if needed. I have gotten pretty dependent these last 8 years, but once upon a time a was a pretty independent person. For example, I used to know how to take out the garbage. Now, I know that if its full in the afternoon, I can usually wait till Jared gets home if I shove things down. Jared may end up traveling more with his job and then I will have to face the music, but at least for now, I will enjoy the fact everyday I will hear the beautiful sound of the garage door opener.


On a side note, here are some pictures from Monday night. We did some yard work for FHE. The girls were pretty disappointed since they wanted to fly a kite but icecream cones fro refreshments helped pacify them. I was loving the beautiful evening!


we had so many sticks and leaves we decided to build a fire and burn some:


The girls picking up sticks:

what a big boy!

of course there is always time for fun...

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm just like you-5:30 is my favorite time of day (Mon-Thurs at least). It gives me a chance to regroup and just breathe. I hate the days when he doesn't make it home until after the kids are in bed-they just take so much longer!

Chatty Family said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean! My hardest hours are 3 until 5:30 when - sweet relief! I love being able to say "go ask Daddy."

Amy said...

The garage door opening brings a sigh of relief for me too. It means Dad can hold Joshua or feed him while I do everything else that needs to be done - like finish dinner, help with homework, etc. I love how well you explain the joys and challenges of motherhood. Keep blogging. I love it.

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

My favorite time of the day too... confession number two.. I miss you guys soo much that I started crying when I looked at the pictures.. esp. Jacob SITTING in the wagon.. and how sweet he gives kisses. Show him my picture so he remembers me and gives me kisses.