Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A white after-Christmas

It has been quite a few years since I've had a white Christmas. Although St. Louis saw a few flurries Christmas day it was by no means white. We went to Cleveland the day after Christmas and I got my snow and sledding fix there. Our time in Cleveland was extended by a clever Mima whose endeavors to lenghen our stay went as drastic as being admitted to intensive care. In all seriousness, our stay was lengthened due to my mom's hospital admittance but she in no way wanted to be there. We had a few days with her before she was admitted, but she was too miserable to really enjoy them.


Saturday- we drove most of the day to get there and then opened presents from Mima and PopPop and Uncle Nicholas and Aunt Natalie.


Sunday- was the annual GAME DAY. we enjoyed a day full of board games, food, laughs, and relatives


Monday- was my cousin Emma's b-day. She choose to stay in Ohio rather than spend it driving home to Philly. Emma is two years older than Katy. Katy and Xandy went to lunch with her. Then we took the kids sledding to our favorite sledding hill.

Tuesday- we had plans to sled with friends that were interrupted by the call that mom was being admitted to the Cleveland Clinic. Natalie, Jared, and G-Grandma held down the fort while Nicholas and I went to the hospital


Wednesday- there were several trips to and from the hospital. We did con Alex into babysitting in the evening while we went out with Nick & Nat, and Todd & Loni


Thursday- mom was still in the hospital. Todd and Loni and boys came over to ring in the new year with us. Grandpa B would've been proud of the noise they made on the porch after the ball dropped.


Friday-Mom finally was released. Unfortunately she wasn't any better than when she was admitted. We spent a quiet evening- well semi-quiet, the Buckeyes were playing afterall- with Mima

No laughing at my sledding outfit. I brought snow clothes for the kids but not for me. The only coat I brought was super long and not very conducive to sledding. I borrowed pants from Alex and a coat from my mom.






Jacob and Weston


Todd and Jared rocking it out in Rock Band
My midnight kiss from my little sweetheart

Making as much noise as possible in memory of Gramps!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the picture of you and Jacob sledding! You both look great and look like you are having so much fun.