Monday, January 25, 2010

Reading Time


I did a lot better at reading to the older two kids when they were at home during the day. I feel really guilty when I compare the hours I've spent reading with the little two, or rather the lack of hours. I tried to compenate some last week. One day, as naptime was rapidly approaching, I crawled into bed with Bella and Jacob and a BIG pile of books. My hope was to read several books at which point Jacob would fall asleep, read several more until Bella dozed off. Then, I would quietly sneak out of bed and be productive. Sure, it was good in theory but not really practical. I did get most of the pile read, but Jacob didn't quickly fall asleep. No, that award goes to Mom. Yep. Bella had to keep poking me as I fell asleep mid-sentence. I finally sat there with my eyes popped wide open in an effort to stay awake. I don't really remember what happened next, but I know that I awoke a couple hours later with my two pumpkins snuggled up on each side. As to who fell asleep first? I have no idea.


I may not have been "productive". The floors remained unmopped, and the bathroom unscrubbed, but I did spend precious time with my children and even got a bonus nap. I blame it on the new pillows Jared bought at Costco last week-end!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a perfect afternoon!

C said...

I had to laugh while reading this because that is so me!
Sometimes I'll fall asleep while playing house with Tia (if I'm sitting down.)
She gets so mad.

How are the new recipes turning out for you?

timpani76 said...

I just found your blog! I wish I had the "special gift" of falling asleep so easily that all the other moms seem to have ;)