Thursday, July 8, 2010

Goodbye Uncle Alex

My brother Alex enters the MTC in a little over a month. He'll be serving in the Barcelona Spain mission. Since this was most likely the last time we'd see him until after his mission we took pictures before leaving the hotel and making the long trek home. Jacob and Alex have had a special bond since Jacob was a newborn. Ever since Alex's call Jacob always talks about missions and going on a mission. He's even started to sing "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" Its really cute, but I know Jacob doesn't have a clue that his most favorite person is about to disappear for two years. Even as I was uploading the pictures for this post Jacob stopped, looked at the computer, and said "I Love Alex, he's my best friend". I'm so proud of Alex for going and the great example he's setting for Jacob.

Alex is actually closer in age to Katy than he is to me




We got into a horrible storm on the way home. It was scary!! We couldn't even see well enough to get off an exit or pull over at times. We were grateful to make it home safely!!!

1 comment:

Joan said...

nice pictures,in a few weeks I will be looking at them and crying!