Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Drost Park

There is a park in Marysville(just a few minutes away), with lake in the middle of the park. The park has several entrances that go to a specific part of the lake but you can't get the whole way around. We took the kids fishing last year at one of the entrances and the little two and I have played at another entrance. We weren't real impressed with the either part. Two weeks ago Jacob's preschool playgroup was meeting at this park. I was confused when I couldn't find them at either entance. Then, I noticed I could see a playground in the distance, and recognized some of our friends. It took me about 1/2 an hour but I finally found the 3rd entrance. It was hidden of the main roads. For some reason, the city has hidden the best part. Its like a little hidden jewel. The playground equipment was the best of the 3 parts by far AND there was a beautiful garden!!!

Lilys are tied with Daffodils and Tulips for my favorite flowers. I LOVED the Lily garden!
The U of Illinois has a little vegetable garden that is used to help fight local hunger

A view of the lake.


I love the little Bridge in the flower garden

It was absolutely beautiful!!! We will definately keep this in mind for family pictures.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is truly beautiful. So glad you finally found the 3rd entrance. That's crazy that you have to use different entrances for the same park.