Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Christmas with my family on Thanksgiving day. Here's a some of what we did:
Natalie and I started the day with a 5k.  It been pouring most of the night so we were dreading the race.  IT was actually perfect running weather by start time.  I wanted to run under 25 minutes but decided with the wet conditions not to push it.  I was feeling great though so after a little more than a half mile, I started to push a little harder.  I ran a 25:31.  I was so mad at myself for not trying harder from the start.  Its still the best time I've had post college so I won't complain too much.



Anxiously waiting for dinner
The Crazies
opening gifts
Pop Pop distributing gifts.  The tree in the background was put up soley for our Christmas celebration.  The real tree was cut down Saturday morning
It got really quiet and then we heard muffled giggles.  We found the kids crammed into a tiny closet.  I guess they were hiding from us.  It reminds me of a time Katy and PopPop hid in a closet when she was only a year or two old.  They thought they were playing hide and seek with us but we didn't know so we never looked for them.  Katy fell asleep on my dad and he couldn't get up because of the position they were in.  He had to stay there for awhile until we finally wondered where they went and came looking for them.
Playing games with Mima and PopPop

No comments: