Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Running Buddy

Kristie Carmitchel and I ran 13 miles last weekend.  I had been sick for over a week previous and never would've run that one my own.  Realistically, I probably would've taken the whole day off.  But, she motivated me to get out and take advantage of the nice day. We parked her car at HorseShoe Lake State Park and headed towards my house.  Even though it made it above freezing, it was the first day it began to thaw so the trails were not clear yet.  It was a strange snowy/ice mix  covering the trails.  We persevered though and ran all the way home which ended up being a slight uphill incline most of the way.  Despite stepping into a freezing puddle about a mile from home which quickly dropped my body temperature, we made it back.  Surprisingly, the next day I felt better than I had in two weeks.  Maybe I froze the sick germs right out of me.
Its sad that we are most likely both moving within the next few months.  Its been great having someone that motivates me and vice versa.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am really impressed at your dedication. I hate running and in the cold is even worse. I am purely a go-to-the-gym kind of exerciser.