Monday, April 11, 2011

General Conference

Its sad to admit, but growing up as a kid and teenager I hated General Conference.  This was pre internet and satellite TV and since my family did not have cable, we would dress up and drive to church.  I also hate to admit that we very rarely attended all 4 sessions, yet I still dreaded these twice a year weekends.  Then I went to school in Utah and Idaho and had the privelege of attending conference at least one session every time.  I LOVED conference.

It warms my heart that my children Love conference.  Granted they get to stay at home and lounge in PJs if they desire.  Last month for stake conference they were disappointed it wasn't General Conference.  I printed out age appropriate packets from http://www.sugardoodle.com/ and we were set to go.  Katy had a soccer game until 11 Saturday morning so while Jared took her the other 3 and I started making crepes.  They got home during the opening song so they didn't miss much.
I spread a tabecloth on the ground (don't you love the Christmas one this time?) and they eat most their meals while watching conference.

Some one decided to catch up on his shut- eye but I really didn't mind!
I painted my toe nails


Making apostle chains

The finished products.  I love how Bella colored them all in pink suits.  Wouldn't that be a funny sight to see them all in pink suits!!!

During the break on Saturday, we took a walk and ran to pick up Xandy and Katy's new glasses.  They certainly are more daring in style than their boring Mom

Sunday between session we walked over the Chain of Rocks bridge but thats for another post
The girls did a great job of listening to all 4 sessions. Jacob napped during part of one each day but did a great job during the ones he was awake for

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun way to do conference. We ended up gardening on Saturday, but I didn't get much out of conference. And I remember dressing up to watch conference at church too.