Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Day of School

Katy started 6th grade at Benjamin Franklin Middle School. I think her mom was more nervous than her.  The middle school was bigger than my high school was! Of course, that doesn't take much.  Her bus came at 6:45 which is waaaay to early in this Mama's opinion. I am not a morning person!
The early hour wasn't be bad when the sun was out but as winter set in it was a killer in the dark!  The bus stop was at the end of our street.
Bella started 2nd grade a Memorial Elementary.  Her and Alenna somehow managed to end up in the same class again.  You would think the staff would've been smarter with class selection but they were thrilled!! They were in Mrs. Arndt's class
Ms. Xandy a.k.a Alex started 4th grade in Mrs. Schoff's class.  Mrs. Schoff's husband was one of the craft hired by Jared's company.  Which also meant, she knew we were moving before we were ready to tell people.  We ended up telling the kids earlier than intended so it didn't accidently come out at school.  But, more on that later.
The worst part of the first day of school was that the bus was running late for the other girls and I had to teach a class.  Rachael shooed me on my way so I wouldn't be late and put the girls on the bus.  I guess thats what happens when your boss is at the bus stop.  I was sad that I didn't get any bus photos.  I don't think they cared.  I guess the front door picture will have to suffice.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Does Katy like middle school? Nathan is loving his new middle school and doing great.