Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Walk-a-thon

Memorial's annual walk-a-thon was affected by the weather yet again this year.  This time the decision was made to move it indoors.  The grades took turn walking in the halls and doing activities in the classroom.  I leading Bella's class in some fitness type activities while they waited their turn to walk. One of the mom's said "wow, you are a natural at this, you should teach fitness"  I had to chuckle as I told her that I did.


 Bella's teacher Mrs. Arndt (with Bella below)
 Xandy with her teacher from the year before Mrs. Coyle
 One of the things I loved most about Memorial was that Jacob wa always welcome to tag along.  Mr. Case the principal even took time out to always make Jacob feel special.  Jacob had to come with me during registration while the girls were at piano lessons.  Jacob was sitting on the floor in he library next to the desk I was filling forms out on playing on Jared's tablet.  Mr. Case came in and sat down on the floor (in his suit) and played with Jacob for several minutes.  Jacob could hardly wait to start school there (kind of sad we left).  Mr. Case teared up on the girls' last day when I picked them up- which of course made me almost cy.
 Bella's BFF Alenna

No comments: