Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oglebay Zoo

Jacob and I decided to check out the Oglebay Zoo.  It was hard for me to buy tickets since I thought it was way over priced for a tiny city park zoo.  Especially coming from St. Louis which is the best zoo I've been too and is FREE!!

The upside was that they had a dinosaur exhibit with moving dinosaurs.  Jacob thought they were real.  I know I should have used it as an educational moment to tell him dinosaurs are no longer alive, BUT I didn't.  His reaction was too cute.  I didn't want to burst his little bubble.

Jacob and his friend Wyatt

 It was a beautiful day, we saw 8 turtles in one pond sunbathing
 Our first glimpse of a dinosuar
 
 The kept their dinstance from the T-Rex

 I love how he showed no fear near the "real" dinosaurs but is shrinking back from the little bird
 He really wanted to feed the birds but when the zookeeper brought the bird near him he chickened out.  After watching Wyatt feed a few birds, he decided to go ahead and give it a try.  He also fed a Llama but I was helping him and forgot to take a picture


 Boys pretending to sling their webs like spiderman

 We finished the adventure by riding the zoo train
 

No comments: