Monday, May 13, 2013

Super Hero Run

The last weekend in April we ran in a Superhero Run north of Pittsburg. Yes, the entire family ran a 5K. Jacob had seen pictures of the race and wanted to run it. He liked the idea of running while dressed in a superhero costume.  He borrowed the spiderman costume from his cousin Weston.  Katy already had her shirt and Bella was batgirl for Halloween so she was set.  Xandy ended up wearing Jacob's superman cape that his friend Tyler Weston's mom made him years ago.  That just left Jared and I.  I scored Jared's shirt clearanced for $2 at walmart and mine was 50% off at Kohls. There was a 1K and a 5K, I signed us all up for the 5K.  Mima and PopPop were in town so Mima came along and took some pictures.  Poor PopPop had to stay at home for an online class he was taking.
 
 
Having fun posing before the run


 Here we are before the race. 
 Katy started the race with us but grew bored at our slower pace so I let her run on her own. I stayed with Bella and Xandy.  I was a bad mom and didn't realize Bella wore her twinkle toe shoes that are too small.  She had blisters by the end.
 Jared ran with Jacob.  Jacob ran the entire time but about half way through told his dad that he wasn't sure the race had been such a good idea.  He's a cutie and quite a trooper.  He stuck with it to the end.
 Little Miss Katy running to the finish line
Bella started taking parts of her costume off as we went by the end my simple t-shirt had aquired some of her costume pieces for my outfit.
Katy finished in 28 mins.  I wonder what she would've had if she hadn't stayed with us for the first part.  The girls and I finished in 32 with Jacob and Jared finishing in 34 minutes.  It was great family fun!!!

No comments: