Monday, June 16, 2008

Duct Tape Festival

It seems that weeks can go by without a single blog worthy event. I have to really use my imagination (which is a brain strain for me) or else bore all my readers in order to create a post. And then... BOOM! a thousand things happen in a few days time. Okay, maybe not a thousand but lets recap this week-end: Dance dress rehearsals, Safety Town grad, Dance Recital Part I, Duct Tape parade & festival, Dance Recital Part II, animal sightings at Sandy Ridge.... I already posted about safety town and over the next couple of days, I'll finish the posts on dance and our fun nature walk.

Avon is very proud to be the home of Duck Brand Duct Tape. About 4 years ago the Henkel company started the Duct Tape Festival. It has put our small farm town turned suburbia on the map. People literally come from all over to see it. Once my Dad was out of town during the festival and heard it mentioned on the radio hundreds of miles from here. It is always held Father's Day week-end and some lucky Dad is pronounced the Duct Tape Dad of the year. (Although its a shame its not open to moms cause my mom can fix anything with Duct Tape.) If the Storm boys and I had any pictures of our road trip to BYU/Ricks one year, we'd make a good commercial. I had purchased a rackless car top carrier so we could take more stuff out to college. About an hour down the road the buckle broke and it fell off. Luckily we had a roll of Duct Tape handy and we taped it back down. It actually made it all the way to Provo without any more problems!!!! Anyway, here's some pictures from the week-end and a short video of the moving statue man.





5 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

I need to come up to one of these duct tape fastivals. They sound very interesting! Glad that you are enjoying your last few weeks at home! See you soon!

Shelly said...

HOw in the world did you fit in the duct tape festival with all the dancing you had going on ??!? yOur UNbelievable!!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I had NO idea that you lived where Duck duct tape is made. That's so cool. I LOVE that stuff. It's serious. :)

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

OK.. I have to admit seeing these pictures made me miss all the fun Summer in Avon Ohio brings!!! Esp. The Duct Tape festival!!

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Hey Tera! I found your blog on the ward site.. hope you don't mind. I have been catching up on many of your posts. Your family is the cutest! The girls dance so well, and are so pretty in there outfits! I think that this duck tape festival is so FUN! I just made Buzz Light year wings and jet packs using mostly duct tape, cardboard, and pop bottles.. and my grandpa used to use it on everything... even his car like you..lol. Plus the safety town.. I think that it is an eastern coast thing, I have been wishing that they would do one out here.. even considered starting one.. maybe that is just crazy though... sorry about the huge comment. Let me know how your doing?
Angela