Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm baaack!!

After a stressful few weeks,and a bunch of broken furniture, we have arrived and are just working on getting settled in now. If you need a referral for a moving company, DONT come to me. I wouldn't wish those movers on my worst enemies. But enough of that... We arrived Friday around lunch and drove around the town during the afternoon to get a little acclimated. The church is a few miles away which is wonderful after our 17 mile trek of late. Friday evening two families from the ward stopped by and invited us to get some icecream with them. I was a little embarrassed when they first arrived. It had been raining and my mom and the girls were sitting out on the porch watching the lightning for lack of anything better to do in a house without toys or furniture (besides my new beautiful kitchen table/chairs and one camp chair). Jared and I had just walked outside to talk to them. So there we all were standing out on the porch, me in my glasses, sloppy ponytail, and pj's, looking like the Beverly Hillbillies when they pulled up. Fortunately, they didn't turn and run as fast as they could. We had an enjoyable evening at Bobby's Custard. Saturday we went to Horseshoe Lake for a picnic and then to St. Louis. One of the streets was still flooded and you could still see signs of where the flood waters had reached. I guess I'm easily entertained cause I was fascinated with the flood.



Sunday we only made it to sacrament meeting-the movers called during closing song from our driveway. The ward has been wonderful. They surprised us with meals Sunday through Wednesday while I tried to unpack everything. Friday night I went with a bunch of ladies from the ward to see the movie "Mamma Mia". I highly recommend it!! Saturday morning we took a drive to see the St. Louis Temple. I printed off directions from mapquest and we entered the address into Maggie (our new GPS friend). When the directions were different we choose to follow Maggie completely overlooking the paragraph in red on the mapquest directions informing us that a freeway was closed through St.Louis- the freeway that Maggie tried to take us on. Two hours and a ton of turns later, we arrived at the temple.



Then it was onto Costco (there are only two Costcos in the area and both are on the other side of St. Louis. We ended the day at the ward picnic. Katy asked if we were going to the Primary picnic in Ohio as we loaded into the car. That would've been a long drive just for a picnic that was two days past! And that is our last few weeks in a nutshell. Here are some pictures from before we left Ohio.

9 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Glad you are safely there and getting settled AND that your ward is taking care of you! We miss you!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

Wow.. it looks like a fun place to live. And what cute pictures.. And I love the ones of Mason's first haircut.. don't forget to send them to me.. Now I really really want to come visit for vacation.

Amanda said...

Glad you made it there safely, even if some of your stuff didn't. We're moving in 2 weeks and I'm not looking forward to all of my stuff getting broken and stolen, as is inevitable when moving.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Glad you got there safely! It's got to be pretty scary moving to a new place and packing up all your kids and belongings.

the Petterson Family said...

We are glad you are there and safe and already getting to know the city! To bad about the moving company...but you're there! Hopefully the kids are adjusting well and you are getting your house in order the way you would like!

Shelly said...

Nice to see pics od the flood WOW thats crazy! Good luck wiht all the "fun" things ahead ( unpacking)!!!

Susan said...

you mom has to be the very best. I had no clue where she's been! And no one to ask. Who all is with you? Glad you are getting settled.

jon and kir said...

so glad you made it!!! I will get back either late tonight or early saturday. Still deciding wether I want to stop or not. So much driving!!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Marci said...

I'm happy to have found you. I hope you're enjoying your new home. I bet your family misses you.