Monday, May 18, 2009

Benjamin Davis House

Last week I went on a field trip with Katy's class. There is a 18th century home in our town that was restored and turned into a museum. The guides dress in clothes from that century and talk to the kids about life during that time. The parents came away from the excursion with the realization that our kids should do more work. They get off way easy compared to children back then. The kids had fun playing with games and toys from that era, trying on clothes, smelling different herbs, etc. I was a bit disgusted that the babies took a bath last---in the dirty water used by everyone else. I think the babies should have gotten to go first, but anyway. When they go back next year, they get to wash clothes by hands. I'll know who to enlist the next time my washer breaks.










No comments: