Friday, June 18, 2010

Swimming scares




Our friends are in the process of fixing up the new house they bought. I offered to watch their kids so they could get some work down and their 12 yr old son could have a break from babysitting his siblings. The house they are renting has a nice pool and she suggested that I watch the kids at their house so they could all swim. She also invited another friend and her kids over. We all had a ton of fun swimming and Charlene and Drew were able to got some productive work in. All in all it was a great day!

We did have a scare at the end. I told all the kids to get out and we were drying off. I turned around to pick up some of the pool toys and put them away. When I turned back around Jacob had taken off his life vest, jumped in, and was struggling under water. He jumped in because two of his sisters decided to get back in when I turned my back. Boy were they in trouble!! Fortunately, he's learned basic swim movements with his vest on. He managed to "swim" enough under water to get to the stairs where Bella and Cami were trying to pull him in by the time I made it over to him. It was VERY scary and I've never seen any of my kids cough up as much water as he did afterwards. Fortunately he is alright and hopefully all my children will be more careful next time.

1 comment:

Leslie Pack said...

This happened to us when Laura was little. The same thing happened. She had taken off her floaties and had jumped in. Luckily Amy had seen her, but it was still scary we even had an ambulance ride and a checkout in the ER. Love reading your blog and fun times!