Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grizzlies and Josephine's

As part of the summer reading program the kids's got 2 free lawn tickets each to one of three Gateway Grizzly Games. Sadly, none of them were against the Crushers :(

I actually had forgotten about the tickets and when I remembered there was only one game left. It happened to be the same evening my mom was flying in for the weekend. She said she was up for it, so we headed out to the game.

Jacob loved the Grizzly mascot and even gave him a big hug. But of course that was the time I left my purse by our seats while I ran him to the bathroom so I had no camera.

A storm was headed in that night and we could see the crazy lightning getting closer and closer even though it was not raining yet. It finally got close enough that we figured we better head for the car. The game wasn't over but it was a school night so we gathered our stuff and left. Good thing because it started to rain as we were reaching the car. We saw some CRAZY lightning on our way home.


Notice the difference in the western sky behind mom and I and the eastern sky behind the boys!





On Friday, when the girl's were in school, Jacob and I took mom to Josephine's for lunch. Josephine's is a restaurant with a tea party type atmosphere. Its mostly just women eating there. They have gardens, and gift shops filled with jewelry, clothes, purses, decor, etc. The food is scrumptious and the desserts are to die for. Jacob did pretty well but I had to pay $5 for his P&J kid's meal he refused to eat.


No comments: