Monday, July 8, 2013

Orchestra Field Trip

Katy went on a field trip with the Orchestra.  They were playing in a competition in NW Ohio. The bus left the school at 7am and drove to a steakhouse for lunch.  The competed in the afternoon.  Mima and PopPop drove over to the competition to watch her.  The orchestra stayed at Kalahari waterpark resort that night.  The next day they went to Cedar Point.  We were going to help my parents open the pool that weekend so we picked her up at Cedar Point instead of having her ride the bus back.  She had a lot of fun but got dehydrated and heat exhaustion.  The next day at church she was complaining that she didn't feel well.  She does not have a high pain tolerance and whines about being sick a lot so I told her to just deal with it and go to class.  Mima thought maybe we should take her home. While Mima and I were standing in the hall talking debating, Katy blacked out against Mima.  Mima won the argument and we pulled everyone from class and left.  After we made her rest and drink a lot of water she seemed much better.  Brought back some memories of a band trip I went on in highschool.  But I ended up with sun poisoning and second degree burns!
 
Here she is already to go

 Her hair is so thick and gets crazy.  I took it to get cut the night before.
 She outgrew her swimsuit from last summer.  Now that she is a junior size I had a horrible time finding a modest swimsuit.  I went to several store and found nothing.  I finally bought the largest kid size and hoped that it fit because we didn't have time to order one at that point.  It ended up fitting and looking super cute but I will have to order her swimsuits from now on.

Jared and I drove to Sandusky to pick her up after Cedar Point. I just laugh and this picture.  She was so exhausted and famished.  We stopped at a McDonalds to get her some food.
I had debated being a chaperone but the papers came home right after we moved.  Everything was still so crazy and we didn't know if Jared would be able to get off to watch the kids if I went.  I decided not to. She was rooming with 2 of her friends. One girl's mom is the guidance counselor at the school and she ended up being their chaperone.  I knew Katy was in good hands but it was still really hard to send her away on the trip.  I wished I had signed up to go, especially since at the time Jared was on 4-10s.  Oh well, maybe next year!

No comments: