Monday, July 29, 2013

Week with Rays and Ott Reunion

The week after The Color Run, we went back home and Austin and Mason came with us.  We took the boys on our favorite hike at Oglebay that leads to the waterfalls.  The kids decided to play IN the waterfall.  I don't usually mind, but I was not prepared that day.  We didn't have any towels or a change of clothes.  I had wanted to stop at the Nature Center on the way home, but obviously that had to be scratched.  I jokingly told Mason he was so wet I was going to tie him to the top of the car to drive home.  He was a little disappointed when I didn't really do that.
Another day we went to Barkcamp State Park to go swimming.  The park is on the Ohio side but less than 1/2 hour away.  We met our friends the Orbans there also.

Austin had a b-day while he was with us.  It was a special b-day too, he turned 8!  I made him Lasagna and Brownies per his request.  Mima and Pop-Pop were able to come down to celebrate his b-day with us.

His loot- he made out pretty good for being away from home.  Mason and I went shopping together which was interesting.  Mason kept trying to get me to buy things that I knew was more his interests than Austin's.  He would get very annoyed when I didn't fall for it.  It was still a fun shopping excursion though and I think Mason enjoyed being the only one who got to go with me.
(Notice the boogie board in the stash?  That gift from Aunt Terra was for a fun upcoming vacation!!)
The next day Uncle Martin and Kelten came into town.   The Ott Reunion was at Salt Fork State Park, also in Ohio but less than an hour away.  The ironic part is it was planned long before we moved here.  It worked out in our favor though.  Some family stayed in hotels not too far from us.  Our pavilion was right by the beach which made it convenient for the kids.  We had so much fun, I forgot to take pictures.  I did snap this one on the way home though.  Proof that we had a blast if they crashed that hard on under one hour drive!
Not sure who took this picture and why, but notice that Mima is about ready to collapse!
 


No comments: