Friday, July 12, 2013

Valley Forge and Fligh 93 Memorial

Sunday afternoon we went to Valley Forge with the Sass Family, Grandma, and Jacob and Brittany.  Afterwards we had a barbeque at the Sass's.  Then my family drove back to Grandma's house to spend the night.  Alexandra had left and driven home with Aunt Christy and Todd so she could spend the week in Tennessee at Tonya's house.  Tonya had flown into Philadelphia for a work function that happened to coincide with the graduation.
Jacob and Jacob
 (My cousin Jacob who I believe was also named after my great-grandfather Jacob Ott)
 Bella's pose fits her personality to a "T"
 Funny Faces



 Can you tell how much little Jacob loves big Jacob?
 
Monday morning (memorial day) we went on a hike on a trail near Grandma's house.  After that we went to the Flight 93 memorial.  It is less than 1/2 hr from my Grandma's house.  There were special events going on all day in honor of Memorial Day.  We actually found out afterwards that the Vice-President was there later that day.  I must say I was not nearly as disappointed to miss the current VP as I would have been some of the previous ones.  The memorial was neat to see.  I would recommend waiting a few year and then going to see it.  There are some incredible additions planned.  I think it will be amazing when it is all completed.


 This park ranger gave a wonderful presentation on the lives of the passengers and crew.  He also retold the events regarding Flight 93.  All these years later and I still cry every time.
 The white wall shows the line of sight from the cockpit as it crashed

The wall of names.  The girls were very upset when they saw that one of the passengers had been pregnant when it crashed.

 

No comments: