Monday, July 8, 2013

Last story hour and bus field trip

My little bud starts kindergarten this fall.  After years of story hour it was strange to go to the last one with my baby boy.  We really like the story hour here.  Its been different everywhere we've lived, and I've liked different things about each.  In Wheeling the parents stayed with the children.  I enjoyed that being as it was my last few months with him at home just the two of us.
Jacob and I at story hour:

We also decided to go on a bus field trip.  We walked down to the end of our street and caught a bus to the Highlands.  It was a long bus ride when by car it takes less than 15 minutes but Jacob enjoyed the experience.  The bus dropped us off at Old Navy.  I was on a hunt for a backpack purse for Katy's field trip.  We checked Old Navy and TJ Maxx but didn't find what we were looking for.  We then walked down to our main destination: Cabela's.  Jacob loves the "boy store" as he calls it.  Sometimes we bribe him with Cabela's when he has to go shopping with the girls to Kohls.  We ate lunch in the café.


The bus ride home seemed even longer, but it was a fun day with my little buddy.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the time with the youngest. Adam and the 3 older ones are headed to 'Macho Man' this weekend, so it will be just Josh and me!