Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Laziness brought to you courtesy of...

We all have a little bit of laziness in us and we all need someone or something to blame it on. So here is mine. My laziness is facilitated by the Avon Schools Transportation Department, garages, and baby carrier covers. I know what you're thinking, how on earth can the bus department, my garage, and car seat covers be responsible for my laziness. But, hear me out... Even though we live 3/4 mile away from school the bus picks Katy up one hour before school starts (here enters the School's Tranportations involvement). One would think that this would end my laziness by requiring me to awake promptly and early each day. But alas, that is not the case. I frequently find myself hitting the snooze button on the alarm. Most mornings when the alarm goes off I have not gotten as much sleep as desired. I blame this on nursing and TV stations for putting the best shows on from 10-11. I then have a choice to make: 1) wake Katy up to catch the bus and get a start on the day or 2) sleep for another 40 minutes and then wake her up and take her to school. Since the invention of the garage keeps my car dry and weather free and since the carseat cover keeps my baby toasty warm, I often opt for choice number 2.
The choice is not made lightly however. I must first listen carefully to see if anyone is up. If I hear any voice or footsteps I might as well get up because in a few minutes my bed will have 2 little girls jumping on it and a chorus of questions will begin. "Can we play with Ian today?" "I NEED cereal?" The later would be Bella- cereal to her is like coffee for high school teachers- she can not function without it. Which is why she is usually out of sorts on Sunday. We are consistently running late for church so she is given a piece of peanut butter toast to eat in the car. "Can we do my preschool now?" "Can I get dressed?" "Can I have a popsicle?" Thats is Xandra she asks for a popsicle during all times of day and weather.
If however, the house is silent I turn over and allow myself to be lazy for a little while longer. If I lived a little farther from the school, if the bus only came 1/2 hour before school started, if I had to walk out in the rain or scrape my car, or if my baby was going to be cold I would make her ride the bus each day requiring me to be awake and functioning or so we'd hope.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You get up before your kids? That's impressive to me. I don't budge until I hear the kids awake, usually at 7:15. And even then I hate getting out of my nice toasty covers!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

True to that! But sure is wonderful to have those things so we can decide if we want to be lazy or not.