Friday, November 16, 2007

Poor Dad...


As I watch Jared interact with the girls, I can't help feeling sorry for him for one day he will suffer the same sad fate as my father. When I was young my Dad was the main guy in my little life. There was no other man I loved as much. Grandpa was a close second, but was nonetheless second. My dad proudly and safely retained this title for the first 18 years of my life. Then he sent me off to college and that was the beginning of the end of his reign. During my first semester I met Jared and soon Dad was number two. Now, eleven years later with the birth of little Jacob, Dad has fallen to number three. Not that I love Dad any less, but I love my husband and son more. (Jared has expressed concern that he has lost his title also and that the little guy is now on top...). So as I watch our three daughters look at him with complete adoration knowing there is no other guy they love more in the world, and glance down at this little bundle of blue that has stolen my heart, I can't help but feel a little sorry that one day Jared will befall the same fate as my poor dad.
p.s. i still love you Dad!

6 comments:

Loni said...

Isn't that how it goes? Is that Nick in the picture?

Terra said...

yes, that is Nick. Back when he was still a little bit cute (just joking)

Natalie Buchkovich said...

That is the truth!

Nick was such a Handsome fellow!! Loni would have had to think he was, because she is resposible for this craziness!!

Joan said...

Oh yes, Nicholas was a little cutie, a stubborn little cutie but none the less, a cutie! As a matter of fact, several people at the funeral raved about how handsome he is today!But alas, he is still stubborn! However, I love him to pieces and I love his son and I love my new grandson and all my grandchildren too. And, I love that picture and it brought tears to me eyes! Plenty of love to go around!

Joan said...

We asked Alexandra who those people in the pictures were. She thought Terra was her and that Nicholas was Weston. Isn't that something?

Tara said...

That is so true...I know that Ben would just melt if you ever had a baby girl. We'll have to see.