Friday, November 30, 2007

She said what????

I went to Walmart today with the 2 youngest to pick up pictures and kill some time while Xandra was in ballet. I decided to go look for some gloves for Xandra. I noticed when digging through our bin of hats and gloves that we have several pair to small for her, and several pair way to big. With Christmas approaching I decided that I would buy her a new pair as a stocking stuffer. My frugal husband informed me that she would grow into the big ones. But, not wanting to watch them fall off of her hands for the next 5 years until they fit I overruled him and wandered off to search for the kiddie gloves. I found them at the end of an aisle in the girl's section. While I stood there wondering which pair would meet the scrutiny of my second and somehow amazingly fashion conscious daughter, my third child noticed the girl's bras down the next aisle and decided she would like some. In her loudest outside voice she excitedly points and yells "Mommy lets buy some boobs!". Which she repeats several times amongst my pleadings to whisper and corrections that they were really called bras. Finally she turned to me and said "No, they are called boobs and I want to buy some." I can only imagine what the little old lady in the next aisle was thinking as she hurried away. No doubt she was rushing to get home and call her friends to tell the story of the horrid mother whose toddler wanted to buy boobs.

5 comments:

Loni said...

That is hilarious! What are you teaching your children?

Nikki said...

thanks for the laugh this morning! that bella is a riot.

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, that's too funny!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

That is a great story! I am going to have to be careful when leaving my kids with you. Who knows what they will come home saying!!!!!! That is awsome!

Meta said...

well you know, they are for sale. everyone is buying them now a days!