Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

No, my calendar is not off a day, I know the 17th was yesterday but I didn't have a chance to post anything. Mostly because I spent a large portion of the day in the kitchen. I love St. Patrick's day. Two of my great great grandparents were born in "the old country". I've always been proud of my Irish heritage and love to celebrate. The Lepruchauns visited out house during the early morning hours. When I went to pour milk on the lucky charms for the girls it was green (not moldy, just tinted with the help of food coloring). Then when we went to play with friends and made egg salad sandwiches to share, the egg salad was green too! It was funny when Abby wanted to know if there was lettuce in her sandwich. When the answer was "no" she wanted to know why it was green. When we got home I made the cornbeef, cabbage and potatoes, Belfast biscuits, Shannon cakes, shamrock jigglers, green lemonade, and pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and covered with shamrock sprinkles. I really hope that green food coloring is not harmful in large quantities!!! We all wore our green yesterday. (Even Jared!!!) Here is a picture of the kids in green and a few more cute pictures from the last few days:


Doesn't he look like a little leprechaun?


In his tribe PJ's


Sleeping Beauty


Xandra and Jacob reading


5 comments:

Chatty Family said...

I LOVE the picture of Jacob in his hat. So cute!

Joan said...

Cute pictures. He does look like an Irishman. I am sure your ancestors are very proud of your family and their efforts!

Meta said...

thanks for sharing your irish spirit! we had fun!

Meta said...

and i too LOVE the pic of jacob!!!

Susan said...

great green kids!