Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lesson Learned

I have decided that on the Christmas Sunday this year my children will wear cute sundresses and sandals. I have come to this decision after two frustrating Holiday years in a row. I'm not a bing fan of snow BUT I do get cranky if there is a shortage of snow in December. Face it, its hard to get in the Chirtmas spirit when your in shortsleeves playing at a park. Yet, for the last two years it was been warm and balmy Christmas week. Likewise, it is even harder to feel the Easter vibe when you are digging out of the snow and huddling together to stay warm. (Yes, I know that the weather is not what Christmas and Easter are really about but lets face it it doesn't help our moods when the weather is uncooperative with Holiday plans!!!) For the second year in a row the cute Easter dresses were accessorized with shirts underneath. I did learn one lesson from last year, and I bought pink jackets to go over the dresses -the snow jackets looked stunning with the dresses last year :).. and forget about sandals. Our Easter footwear for the past few years has been a debate between snowboots or normal dress shoes and the accompanying cold feet. So, I have decided to work with the weather. On the Sunday before Christmas this year don't be surprised to see my children in pastel spring dresses (or vest for Jacob). Likewise, on Easter Sunday we will be sporting green and red velvet dresses and Christmas ties. If you can't beat it, join it.
Easter morning and a trip to the Rainforest on Good Friday:









3 comments:

Susan said...

what a great idea! And isn't there enough red and green at christmastime anyway. And can you picture Jesus wearing red and green? nope! And he is sure to be wearing sandals. Remind me and maybe i'll dress for spring on Christmas, too.

Amanda said...

I wish I could pass some of our warm weather up there to you! As long as you take the allergies with it. And I figure as long as you get the cute outfits in pictures that's all that matters, right?

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

So sorry we missed the matching oufits but we already have them packed for when we come up on the 10th!