Thursday, March 13, 2008

It"s the Most Wonderful Time of the year....

No, I'm not singing Christmas songs today. I'm singing about Spring. I Love Spring!!!!Spring has always been my favorite season. I love the feeling of hope and rebirth that accompanies the season after a long, cold, "dead" winter. I love the tulips, daffodils, lilacs, and hyacinths. I love watching the trees fill with buds and then magically burst open. I love the smell of spring and the feel of the warm breeze blowing into the area. I love hearing the sound of the birds. I love that I can start running outside again without freezing my lungs, ears, fingers, and toes off. My favorite primary song is "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" and it seems to perfectly sum up my feelings. I don't think it is a coincidence that this season pairs up with Easter. Easter also brings the message of re-birth and hope. Today I am feeling springy. Who cares that outside my window is still a blanket of snow several inches thick. Today I feel the hope of spring. I can hear birds. The 6 day forecast includes a 60 degree day. Easter is quickly approaching. The magnolia tree out my back window is laden with buds that will soon burst into beautiful white flowers. Last, but certainly not least, I'm going to hit the "publish post button", and then go for a run OUTSIDE!!!! (that's only possible cause Jared threw out his back really bad and is home recuperating- but everything good comes at a price. JUST JOKING!!)

3 comments:

Kate said...

How great for you! Hope you enjoyed your fun. Oh, and I too LOVE spring!

Shelly said...

run girl run!

Amy said...

My favorite primary song is "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" too. The bishop's wife and her piano student played a duet of that on Sunday and it was so beautiful. I can't wait for spring to come too -I keep watching for our apricot tree to grow some popcorn - it's almost time!