Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ready and Rearin' to go at Half a Year

My little boy turned 6 months Friday. I came to this realization at 7:30 when we were getting ready to put the girls to bed. Instead we decided to through an improptu party in his behalf. I threw a batch of brownies in the oven and we called Mima and Pop-Pop to come over. I walked into the Living Room to see Jacob by himself sitting in front of his toys. But he wasn't paying any attention to the toys. Instead he was intently watching the Basketball game his father had left on. Later that night Jacob managed to reach the clipboard Jared had everyone's brackets on. Jared quickly took the clipboard from him and moved it beyond his reach. I had to laugh as I sat there watching Jacob stretch and reach until he inched himself forward enough to reach the clipboard once again. Watch out everyone, Jacob is ready and rearin' to make his picks! That is, as soon as he can talk. Here is a walk back through the last six months. They went WAY too fast!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

great job. He is so handsome. WHat a great idea (he he). I can't believe he is 6 mos old. In 1 year he'll be in nursery.

Joan said...

I cna't believe he is so old already! Where did that little baby go? Oh wait, I fogot, he never was a little baby!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

I can't believe he is already six months! What a handsome little guy! Wish we could have been there closer to celebrate with you! Happy Six months Jacob!!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

I miss that little guy.. so do the boys. He is so stickin adorable.. I just want to pick him up and squeeze him. Have you bought him puffs yet?

the Petterson Family said...

Okay, so I have to ask you a really important question...am I spelling your name wrong? Terra or Tara? Let me know cuz that's a pretty important thing.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Weston has filled out a bracket every year of his life and he still doesn't talk very well. Jacob doesn't need to talk to fill one out. As long as he can reach out towards a toy (which apparently he can if he is reaching for the clipboard), then he can fill out a bracket. For each game we assigned something to each team. The first year Weston chose between sweet potato or banana puffs. The second year he choose between a football or a baseball. This year he chose between the colors of the teams' jersey. Hopefully by next year he will be talking...