Saturday, November 8, 2008

Misunderstood

After being accused that my last post was racist I would like to clarify my stand and then close the subject. I am not upset at Obama being elected because of his race. I think that it is wonderful in that aspect. My only complaint is his views, policies, and opinions. He is a little too liberal/radical for my taste. If his platform had been conservative ,or even moderate, I would have voted for him. It was not my intent to sound racist in my last post.

3 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

I didn't think you sounded racist at all. You are one of the sweetest people I know! You have the right to your own opinions and hey...freedom of speech!

Love ya!

Amy said...

I had to go back and re-read your first post - it didn't sound racist in the least. Quite contrary, the one good part about the elections was that we will now have an African-American president.

Adam and I have a lot of hope that the country will move forward in a great direction, even though I don't agree with many of Obama's ideas. I hope that Obama will want to leave a great legacy as the first African-American president, so I think that he will probably do more than others at trying to please more people and be more open to conservative and Republican views. Let's wait and see and HOPE.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I didn't think you sounded racist at all. I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about and felt the same. :)