Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A silver lining

As I watched the historical events unfold last night I felt conflicted. On one hand, this is an incredible result. Our country has come so far in the last 50 years. It was moving to watch important men brought to tears as they realize they are even closer to MLK's dream than they ever thought possible. I think it is wonderful that we have reached this point BUT it is a shame this wonderful occasion has to be tainted. It is a shame that the new president elect's radical views and ties prevented me from enjoying the moment. Instead of enjoying the celebration, I sat on my couch feeling apprehensive and concerned. I only hope that he can't do too much damage in 4 years and we can replace him in 2012. I did find one silver lining though. As long as he doesn't do anything too extreme(let's keep our fingers crossed) he will most likely be his party's choice in 2012 (YEAH!!!) Why I am excited over this? Because that means no Hilary!!!!!

I know some of you may not share my opinions. I did not intend to offend anyone, but these are my opinions and I do not apologize for them

2 comments:

Joan said...

Nicholas wants to know when I am moving to Canada and Natalie says she'll be my neighbor so maybe you can come too! No, seriously, I share your apprehension, but everyone assures me it can't be that bad. Time will tell!

Jenni said...

I didn't think your post sounded racist at all. The opposite, in fact.