Monday, January 5, 2009

A Disney Christmas

We went to Disneyland Monday and Tuesday before Christmas. It rained Monday morning and although we were pretty cold and wet, the lines were practically non-existant. Grandma came to the rescue with a bag full of rain ponchos. We went to the Town Hall and got "First time" buttons for all the kids. Katy got a B-day button also. All the employees would stop and wish her Happy Birthday. First stop was Fanstasy Land. Yep, with three girls we entered the park and headed straight for the castle. Did you really expect differently? Then it was on to toontown. Jacob and Laila LOVED Goofy's house. Lots of fun things to play with and a chance to get out of the strollers and explore. The Bug-sized world was neat. I especially like the popsicle stick benches. We pretty much hit all of Disneyland the first day. Just a few rides left to come back to the next day. We saw the electric parade and the Holiday Fireworks over the castle. Half way through the day, I turned around to notice Bella asleep in the stroller. No big deal, except she had a sticker placed over her mouth. She put the sticker on her own mouth and then fell asleep that way. I had bought glow wands and swords at a dollarstore. I was pretty proud of myself. The kids loved them and I got them all for less money than one would have cost there.
We woke up on Day 2 to find Bella asleep across her sisters legs. They were too tired to notice or care. Day 2 we headed over to California Adventure. Soarin' over California was one of our favorite rides . Tower of Terror didn't go over too well with Xandy and Katy. Personally I loved it. Xandy claimed she was scared but she laughed the whole time. Katy looked petrified. Katy did go on almost all of the rides. She's like her mom and could ride Space Mountain over and over again. Monday Jared, Katy, and Xandy went on Splash mountain too. They figured they were already soaked from the rain, why not? We watched the High School Musical 3 performance and Katy even got to dance with one of the wildcats. (I don't remember seeing that pic, I'll have to look and find it). The Buzz Light Year and Toy Story rides were a big hit. You had little guns in your car and targets to aim at. A computer on your seat kept track of your points. Alexandra was surprisingly accurate. (Maybe we should be worried) While waiting in line we passed a Mr. Potato head statue. We stopped when he started to talk. "Little girl in the green coat..." he began. Katy looked down at her arm, then warily looked back up at him. She took a step back and glanced at me as if to say "He's not real, how does he know I'm wearing a green coat" Ahh, the marvles of modern cameras. That look was priceless and one I won't forget for awhile. Later on the Monsters Inc ride, Ros talked to Katy again. We got off and she wanted to know why everything kept talking to her. We watched the pixar parade that evening. We were going to head back over to Disneyland. One look at our half asleep kiddies told us this was not the best idea. We headed to downtown Disney in search of souvenirs before heading home. Katy laid down in the aisle while waiting for Amanda and I to finish up and actually fell asleep. We had a ton of pics between Amanda, Grandma and me. I don't have the ones Grandma took yet, and I only posted some of the ones from Amanda and I. Maybe I'll put more up later.

4 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

What fun!! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas is Vegas once you got there! Tell you kiddos Hi!

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

Looks like a fun trip. Here's our blog so we can keep up with each other. We'll sure miss you!

Susan said...

you got to meet Woody? No way!

Joan said...

Looks like loads of fun! I'm envious!