Friday, January 16, 2009

Katy's Baptism

Even though its been almost a week, I still can hardly believe my little girl is baptized. Last Saturday Katy had her baptism. Both sets of grandparents, Great Grandma B, Laura and Connel, and Jon and Elise and their family were all able to come. Katy planned the program by herself. My mom and Jared's mom each gave talks. Xandy and I said the prayers. Katy had a hard time picking songs since she loves so many. We ended up with an intermediate hymn and a musical number in addition to the opening and closing songs. My girls and their second cousins sang "When I am Baptized" (aka "I like to look for Rainbows") I loved the sweet spirit present throughout the meeting. We really appreciated all our friends and family both near and far that were able to come for Katy's special day. I'm proud of the decision she made and her determination to make good choices.





Our little sweetheart


Katy with Grandpa and Grandma Reed

The girls with Pop-Pop and Mima

Four generations

What a cutie!

6 comments:

Jody Zimmer said...

congrats katy. what a special day.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Way to go Katy! We are so proud of her! I'm glad that everything went well!

Amy said...

How nice to have so much family come and support her on such an important day. Great pictures and congratulations.

Nikki said...

Congratulations Katy wish we could have been there

Joan said...

It waa a beautiful baptism program and a very nice spirit! Thanks for letting me participate!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

You are such an amazing little girl Katy and we are so happy for you. We are also very sad that we didn't make it to see you but Uncle Dustin says soon because i am driving him crazy about when I get to see you!