Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Silly Bella

Bella keeps us laughing. She comes up with the funniest things. Here's 2 funny stories about her this past week.

Bella has been missing her friend Kaylee (Kay-Kay as Bella calls her). We often joke around about sending our kids in the mail to see Grandma and Grandpa. Bella asked if we could call Kay-Kay's mom to see if she'd send Kay- Kay in the mail. Bella said she would let Kay-Kay borrow a dress for church and a nightgown to sleep in. She continued to expound on what they would do and toys they could share. Then she decided maybe she could be sent to Kay-Kay's house instead since she could visit Pop-Pop and Mima too. She told us she'd take her blanket and close her eyes so she wouldn't be scared in the dark box. Its was pretty cute. She actually went as far as to climb in a box, but when we started to close it she decided that wasn't the best idea. Actually, she went hysterical and knocked the box over in her haste to get out.


(Bella and Kay-Kay on the 4th of July)


Katy was feeling sick one evening; she was nauseous and had the chills. She went up to change into her PJs and a bathrobe. We cleared her spot at the table and put in a piece of toast for her. Bella looked at her dinner (which was a strange meal left over from a dinner exchange in our ward). Toast looked more appealing to her. She put her hand on her head and sighed. "Mom my head is spinning, its spinning so bad". Jared and I held back our chuckles. Jared told her she could have toast and even put on her PJs, but then she'd have to go straight to bed like Katy. She claimed she would because "my head is just spinning soo bad". So, another plate was cleared while a piece of bread was toasted. Everything went well until dinner was finished and Bella learned we were serious. I took her and Katy up to bed while Jared dished out dessert to Xandy and Jacob. Katy was too sick to care but Bella mysteriously felt better. The thought of missing out on ice cream was suddenly enough to cure her. "My head stopped spinning, I don't need to go to bed anymore" she inisted as I tucked her in. I'm probably a mean mom cause I really made her go to bed, but I bet she won't fake being sick again for a long time.



6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey! This is so not on the topic of your blog post, but I was wondering if you would be so kind as to change the link to my blog in your side bar to my first name rather than my last. I try to keep my blog as anonymous as possible and that includes not putting our last name. I appreciate it so much. Thanks!!

Porter Family said...

Nice job sticking it to her! :) You're not mean. I would have done the same thing. Are you guys playing in the snow today? I took Ashlyn out and she started bawling three seconds into it. She's a trooper.

Amy said...

What a good mom you are to follow through with the going to bed. She is a smart girl and hilarious. We have also joked about mailing our kids to TX or to visit Laura. Zach is always game for it, but Aaron is too terrified. He doesn't even like joking about it.

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

We just love Bella Beana.. We miss her too. In all my research it will tell you to follow through with punishment so good job! You're not a bad mom!

Joan said...

Not silly Bella but cute bella!

Shelly said...

Lately Kaylee has been asking, "where does Bella live?" I would tell her then she would say, Okay well lets go. Its kind interesting how Kaylee suddenly realized hey wait a minute where did Bella go and Why can't I go see her? we all miss you guys. can't wait till our next visit.