Thursday, February 26, 2009

Overheard at the dinner table

I had promised my friend I would help her paint a room in her house in preparation for her upcoming move. After serving a dinner consisting of fish, greenbeans, and new potatoes, I quickly ate and excused myself to change into grubby paint clothes. As the kids finished eating, they one by one left the table until only Jared and Katy remained. As Jared sorted through the mail, Katy slowly picked at the fish remaining on her plate. She sighed and looked up at Jared. "Dad," she asked "Alex is allergic to fish, isn't he?"
"Yes" Jared replied.
Sighing again she remarked "He's lucky!"

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh! These are always the best stories! Poor Katy! Jared knows the rest of us girls are not fish eaters either!

Nikki said...

I have to agree with Katy. Alex is lucky. I am not a fish eater so we don't ever have it.

Joan said...

I am impressed that she remembered that! I am not a big fish eater so I can relate. I will tell her the next time to tell you that she is just like her mima and so she shouldn't have to eat it!