Monday, February 23, 2009

A Valentine and a Birthday

Jared's B-day is the day after Valentine's, so its always a busy couple of days for us. This year since we had used a babysitter the previous 2 week-ends, we decided to stay home. The girls had a sleep-over at a friend's house the night before which worked in our benefit. By the evening, the were exhausted, so I gave them all baths and sent them to bed by 7. Meanwhile, Jared made a yummy dinner of ribs, salad, and loaded baked potatoes. We ate by candelight, and enjoyed the peaceful evening. The next day, I made lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for dinner. Jared loves lasagna, but I don't make it very often. For dessert, I made a mock DQ icecream cake. It was much easier than the last time I attempted to make one thanks to the springform cake pans I got for Christmas. He turned 31 this year. I didn't have 31 candles, but I did have a "1" left over from Jacob's B-day so we attempted to make a "3" with some regular candles.

No comments: