Monday, April 20, 2009

Baking Bug

I've always loved to bake and lately have been trying some new recipes. I've made some things in the past month that weren't necessarily difficult, just things I've never bothered to make before. I made real shortcake for Strawberry Shortcake. Usually when we have this favorite treat, I make a really yummy butter cake. This time I decided to shake things up a bit and actually use shortcake. It was a big hit with the fam and has already been requested again. I think Xandy wants me to make it for her B-day next week. I also made a refreshing lemon cake that had lemon pudding between the layers and was frosted with cool-whip. For Easter I made a strawberry cheesecake trifle. I had leftover strawberries and poundcake so I made my own version of it later in the week that had.....you guessed it, CHOCOLATE in it. We met Jared's cousin's family and his Aunt and Uncle the Saturday before Easter for a fun picnic. I made the Easter basket cake I found in a magazine a few years ago. The kids love the way this cake looks, so I've made it every year since. This year I made it out of carrot cake (I thought it was appropriate since the Easter bunny was coming)



notice my little helper in the background of the pictures!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is way too many delicious sounding desserts. Makes me wish we lived closer to each other - for many reasons. That lemon one sounds perfect for spring time. You should post the recipe or email it to me.