Monday, April 20, 2009

Catch up

I've been really bad at blogging and taking pictures lately. I will try to catch up on what I've missed this past month. I already posted about my April Fool's joke but once I caught the trick bug it was hard to stop. For dinner I colored water to make it look like lemonade. The kids were not amused when they took a big gulp expecting a sweet drink. Then I attempted to make "cupcakes" that were really meatloaf in muffin papers with mashed potato "icing" (Purple food coloring mixed with mashed potatoes does NOT make a pretty purple color!!) As you can see the cupcakes looked really sad, but I was able to trick the kids who thought I was actually serving dessert for dinner. Xandy was the first one to discover the truth about the cupcakes. Her expression was priceless and she mumbled "Ew, these are gross cupcakes, mom made them with real food. (Do I normally make them with fake food?)


1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm going to have to try the meatloaf cupcake and lemonade water idea. Hilarious!