Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When I grow up....

I want to be this girl. She has the best job!



I went with Katy's class to the zoo last Tuesday. When we first got there we went into a classroom in the main entrance. This girl was there teacher for the next 45 minutes. She talked to them about physical and behavioral adaptions. She'd bring out an animal and ask the kids what adaption each animal had to help them survive. Then she helped them determine whether it was a physical or behavioral adaptation. Then each child was given the opportunity to touch the animal if he/she wanted. She skipped right over the chaperones and I was disappointed that I didn't get to touch some of them, especially, the African hedge hog. I was proud of Katy, who eagerly touched all the animals. That's my girl!! Seriously though, this would be the best job. I could teach, but never have homework or tests to grade. If there was a disruptive student, I wouldn't be stuck with them all year, just 45 minutes. The kids would be excited to hear from me, since I'm someone new, somewhere fun. And, I could play with neat animals. I'd especially liked the toad and python. It was freezing cold day and spitting rain periodically, but we had a blast.


The Ball Python
My charges for the day

Waiting for the bus to go home

No comments: