Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trunk-or-Treat

We had a trunk or treat/chili-soup cook-off last week-end. I've become bored of our normal chili recipe. We eat the same chili multiple times every year, and I was ready for a change. I found a recipe online I was really excited to try. It had more spices in to provide that extra kick I was looking for. It also, used turkey instead of beef and had zucchini in it. My husband is NOT a zucchini fan, so I chopped the squash up in tiny pieces so it would blend in with the rest of the chili and hopefully not be noticed. It did take Jared a while before he figured it out. I really liked this recipe and will definately make it again. Due to some mass confusion over the start time, we did not get there in time to to enter it but thats okay, I really didn't expect to win. People get really into their chili making here.

Since we didn't have a family theme for our costumes this year, I thought it might be fun to have Jared and I dress to go with our trunk. After browsing some ideas online, this is what we settled on.





We played Jailhouse rock in the car during the trick or treat part. Jared got a little too into his character and probably traumatized some little kids and maybe even some big kids. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some therapy bills later on. I found out it was actually cheaper to buy Jared's costume than to purchase the items needed to make it myself. I'm the police officer if you can't tell from the photosEven though it was COLD and wet, it was a fun night with great friends and food.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fabulous idea for trunk or treat! We only ever set our pumpkins outside the van, but I guess all the kids care about is the candy anyway.

Joan said...

oh my, Jared really did get into it! Cute isea!

Martin said...

In addition to therapy bills you will be receiving a bill from me for creative consulting.