Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My little Leprechauns!



The Leprechauns were up to their tricks as usual. This year's pranks included:
1)Dying the milk green
2)Dying the toilet water green
3)Hiding mom's purse on top of the cabinet
4)Hanging Katy's lunch bag on top of the Dining Room light
5) Hanging Xandy's necklace from the ceiling fan
6) Putting Jacob's hat on the candle on the mantle
7) Turning the toothbrushes upside down
8) Switching their clothes around
9)Turning Bella's B-day cards upside down
10)Hanging the front door decoration upside down
11)Turning a picture frame upside down
12)Leaving a "Piece of gold" for each child that was in reality just chocolate

The neighbor girls were upset that the Leprechauns hadn't visited their house. I told them it must be because I'm part Irish. Luckily that seemed to appease them. Alexandra was ecstatic to learn she had some Irish in her and couldn't wait to get to school to tell her friends.

I played with our typical dinner recipes this year. I added some carrots and onions to the cabbage and potatoes. I also found a Dijon mustard spread for the cornbeef. Jared was a little wary of this so I tried it the day after with our extra cornbeef. We were planning on having some friends over for dinner so I bought two roasts but plans were changed. We did have the missionaries come eat with us. They really loved the shannon cakes so I sent them home with some extras. The less leftover, the less I'll eat!


No comments: