Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sock Hop

Xandy had a family sock hop at her school last Friday. The girls were all excited to go and we had found poodle skirts for them all. I was going to try to make some, but we found them for such a cheap price online that it was more cost effective and much easier on my sanity to buy them. Unfortunately, Bella came down with the stomach flu a few hours before and had to miss it. (It was a fundraiser so in addition to paying to get in, we had to buy any food we wanted. I'm normally not opposed to supporting the schools, but I have had a HUGE problem with the way the current PTO has been spending money. Not only have they made some frivolous, ridiculous, non-educational big purchases, but they have not followed proper procedures for getting parent approval beforehand. I refused to support them any more than absolutely necessary, so I bribed my kids with a sock hop themed home dinner if we could forgo the food there.)
Pre-hop dinner


A visit from Elvis



Xandy and friends

Katy with our neighbor








1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun, great mom you are - themed dinner and all. The girls look so cute in their skirts and I love Katy's haircut. She looks so old! Can you believe how fast our kids are growing up?