Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick or Treat

We carved pumpkins Thursday night.
 Bella made two side to her pumpkin and insisted on a picture with both sides
The older girls ran out of time and finished theirs Friday evening.
 The Westons came over for dinner and Trick-or-Treating on Saturday.  We had the traditional sloppy joe cooked in a pumpkin and I also tried Butternut Squash Black Bean chili served in a pumpkin also.   We remade the Spider Bread from last year, but halfed it this time so it wasn't as overwhelming.  Our trick-or-treat is always the day before Halloween because the city has a parade on Halloween.  I love Halloween and I love how in this world of "me, me, me" that people will pay to give candy kids they often don't even know.  Our neighborhood gets a couple hundred trick or treaters so this is no cheap endeavor.   It  brings such a fun sense of community to the neighborhood.  People out on the street talking and visiting while enjoying fires and food, its great.




No comments: