Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy 5th Jacob

(His bday was in September, but better late than never)
For about half a year leading up to Jacob's b-day, he kept telling me that he was going to invite Uncle Alex to his bday party.  Trying to keep him from being too disappointed when his b-day rolled around, I kept telling Jacob that Alex would most likely go straight back to BYU after his mission and be too far away to come to the party.  When Alex made the decision to stay in Ohio and work, I asked him to PLEASE come to Jacob's party since that was all he wanted. Jacob's b-day was a Friday so Alex worked half a day and then came in time to celebrate that evening.  Mima and Pop-Pop came with him. They actually met us at the soccer field right before Bella's game started.
His toy loot

The Coscto cake.  It had been several years since we had lived close enough to Costco to get our b-day cakes there.  I was sooo disappointed to learn they had limited their options.  Costco is no longer our go to bday cake store.
Saturday was a very busy day that we packed full of fun.  We started off by watching Alexandra's soccer game.  We then had a few hours before Katy's game, so we headed to the Apple Orchard and then to the pumpkin patch.  Tasting the yummy apples.  I'm not a fam of store bought apples but I am addicted to fresh picked orcahard apples!!!
After the apple orchard, we quickly ate the lunch I had packed and headed to the pumpkin patch.
A funny side story.  I almost hit a lady and her child that started to cross a busy fast moving main road on the way to the pumpkin patch.  She stepped right out in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting them.  As we drove away, I mentioned to my mom that the lady looked a lot like Alexandra's school teacher.  How embarassing that would have been if I had hit my daughter's teacher?  But, I would've thought the school teacher would have more sense than to walk out into busy traffic with a baby. Anyway, when we got to the pumpkin patch I was relating the story to Jared who had been driving another car.  He interrupted me to point out a guy who worked for him.  I turned to see who he was pointing at and...yep, it was the husband of Alexandra's teacher!  We had no idea of this connection prior to that day.
I picked out some pumpkins for my annual pumpkin bootcamp class



I've loved anything to do with the RainForest since before high school. Jared and I went to the one in Anaheim on our honeymoon.  We went again with Tonya and her boys after my marathon.  That was a compromise between me and Mason.  He wanted McDonalds and I wanted a nice steak dinner.  After seeing how wide-eyed her boys were, I've wanted to go back with my kids.  Chicago had 2 locations so we decided to go for Jacob's bday.  They loved it!!!!! and Jared says I am like a little kid everytime we go.
 We were not planning on buying the volcano cake since we had done cake the night before.  However, there were at least 20 other bdays there that night.  At first Jacob wasn't paying attention but as more cakes came out and people were sung too, he started to look around, waiting for his turn.  His Dad was stubbornly refusing to buy it, so PopPop and Mima did.  It was worth every penny from the excitement he showed. Plus, the cake fed all 9 of us.
 Boys will be boys no matter the age. Don't let Bella's arms decieve you.  It was Alex and Jared that wrote out Ohio with the magnetic rocks.  They had to leave their mark in opposing Big 10 territory.

No comments: