Friday, March 15, 2013

Lady Viking Soccer

The girls played in an all girl soccer league this fall.  Katy had played the spring season the year before and than the other 2 decided they wanted to play.  They had both played previously and had whined an complained.  It was a battle to get  each practice and game.  Bella refused to play in the games and just sat on the sidelines.  Needless to say, we were hesitant to sign them up.  We didn't want to deny them based on poor choices when they were younger but we didn't want the battle either.  In the end, we signed them up but told them if they gave us a hard time or refused to play, the money for registration would come out of their account, not ours. 

The both had a blast.  The season was tiring for me though.  They each had 1-2 practices a week (at different parks). In addition, the league hired a British Trainer and they each had clinics  1-2 times a week with him at yet a different park.  Bella had games Friday night (luckily at the same park the older girls had practice since they both had practice Friday evenings) and the other 2 had games on Saturday at a completely different park.  Jacob and I spent A LOT of time in the car driving back and forth.  We had a "homework kit" in the car that had everything I could think of that they might need for HW- except of course a computer.  Many homework assignments were completed in the car as we went from practice to practice. 

On severals Mondays, this was my schedule I would pick the girls up at the bus stop and take them to piano.  Luckily, Brooke Tanner would pick Katy up from cross-country with her daughter and bring her home (piano lessons were at the Tanner house).  I would wait for Bella's practice to be over (4:30-5) and then take her to her practice (5:15).  I would then g back and get Xandy after her lesson(5-5:30).  When Xandy was done I would drop her off at a different park across town for her Trainer clinic(5:30-6:30 so she was always late).  Then I would race back to get Katy from Piano lessons(5:30-6), go back to pick up Bella (6:15) and then pick up Xandy at (6:30) before heading home.  We'd get home at 6:45 and just be starting dinner and homework that was squeezed in in between lessons and practice. 

This type of schedule went on for 6 weeks.  Sometimes I made Xandy go with Bella to her trainer practice later in the week to alleviate Monday's load some.  Someone had some sort of practice or game every night of the week ad we loved nights were there was just one or two practices.  It was very exhausting but it was fun too.  Although, thinking back, its no wonder I ended up so sick.  I never made the correlation before that I got sick at the end of the season.  I was teaching around 7 fitness classes a week during all of this.  And actually, in October I taught 2 additional classes every week. I was also Primary President during this time.  I think my body must have just given out.  I ended up with EBV virus and was sick from Mid-October to Thanksgiving.  It was even longer until I had my strength back.
Miss Bella

 She loved playing goalie. They put her in as goalie during the first game and I had heart failure.  I didn't really think she'd be aggressive and defend the goal.  I was sure the other team would score a million goals, but she pleasantly surprised me and did awesome.  They are all good defenders.

 Xandy
 She started out a little rusty but won most improved player.  Her coaches were amazed she hadn't played since she was 5.


 
 Katy -our little soccer lover. 
 She was played every year since she was 4 and loves it more than anything else she does. Even the pouring rain doesn't lessen her love although it definately lessens mom's enjoyment of watching the game.
 


 In the picture above Rina is the other player on the field. You can see Abby sitting on the sidelines and Coach Tanner.

 
This season Mima and PopPop got to see their games the weekend of Jacob's bday and then again Tournament weekend.  Grandpa and Grandma Reed got to see a little of the games Tournament weekend before we left for the BYU game.  Mima and Pop came to fill in for us as "parents" during Tournament since we had bought tickets to the BYU/Notre Dame game before we knew the dates of Tournament.  They watched all the girls' games, sent us updates via texts and calls, and took the girls out to Olive Garden to celebrate afterwards (They all won their Tournament)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow - what a schedule! I don't think I could have done it. I'm excited but dreading how busy baseball and lacrosse is going to be, but super excited because it's spring and we'll be outside!