Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow Day

One thing we have noticed is that this school district has a lot of two hour delays and snow day.  In fact, as I'm writing this the kids sare sleeping in due to yet another snow day.  The Ironic part is this was supposed to be spring break but they have to go 3 days this week to make up for snow days.  Not sure what will happen now.   At first, I made fun of the area a lot because we would have delays and cancellations and the road in front of the house was fine.  Then one day after listening to Jared talk about the drive to work, I realized why it gets cancels alot.  My road down in the valley might be clear but the district has lots of children who live up the mountains.  Those roads can be quite scary after a snow or ice storm as Jared has realized.  Also, the High School was built up on one of them mountains and the only ways to get up there are very steep with dropoffs.  Probably best not to have teenagers driving up there in icy conditions

Anyway, on one of the snow days, we decided to go sledding.  We didn't get any snow in Indiana this winter before the move.  We had a lot here the week we moved in but I had a lot to do besides sledding that week.  There is a park across from Katy's school with a lot of hills so we headed that direction to see what we could find.

We are glad Daddy works hard to support us, but we are sad he misses out on some of the fun
 Bella loves her matching snow outfit with mom

My crazy "big" girls
 My little snow angeld
 We spent some time playing on the playground after we were done sledding


1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun mom you are! I don't think I took my kids sledding at all this year. I hate the cold and am too much of a wimp to do it without Adam and he has been working tons.