Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fruit picking





Last week we went peach and blackberry picking with some friends. They have twins Xandra's age. Bella thinks Camden is so funny, and Xandra and Shannon get along great. We picked tons of fruit and the freezer is well stocked with yummy treats. I made a peach pie on Friday which tasted heavenly even if I had to wait to eat it until Sunday (but thats a whole different story!). I am going to attempt to can some blackberry jam and peach jam now that the girls are back in school and our trips to the pool will decrease. We also made homeade icecream. There is nothing better than homeade icecream topped with fresh peaches and berries! Thanks for the suggestion Natalie! Soon, it will be time for apple picking! Yeah!!

3 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

You guys are always so good at picking things! I always forget about stuff like that. I am glad you found new places for it in St. Louis! Looks yummy!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

One of my most fondest memory growing up was every summer we would go pick boxes full of peaches and we would have peaches and icecream! The best and most refreshing treat! If we end up out there by you I will be sure to join you on your fruit picking trips.

jon and kir said...

We had so much fun with you guys!!!